Monday, January 19, 2009

Putting care back in baking & more






Go Obama! Historic day in the world today. Together let's work on being a more caring society.



I am usually known as a fashionista, not a foodie. After all, I own and run a fashion showroom in Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. But food is my other passion especially pastries, cookies and breads.

I started baking chocolate chip cookies and banana breads in college through my early twenties living in the US. My baking skills and repertoire was pedestrian, i thought, but I knew what I liked and sought out the best breads and cookies everywhere I went. Then I laid dormant with my baking like a big brown bear for many years, only rising once in a long while to bake.


Kristian, on the other hand, has been around great cooks on the Italian side of his family most of his life in New Zealand where 'nonna's' Italian pastries and cookies were bountiful in the kitchen. This, plus his chef experience in cafes/bistros in NZ and Australia has been great influences and inspiration for his cooking and baking. And it is him, that has reawakened my passion for baking.


Living in KL, we felt there was a lack of good fresh baked goods. This has led us to bake more and more at home - Classic French onion tart, quiche lorraine, assorted dessert pies, tea cakes, cookies (of course), even pizzas and focaccia bread.


From small orders from our equally enthusiastic friends and family for X'mas, we've decided to formalise our passion and begin this blog/online bakery. There's no looking back now although we realise that we are now embracing a lot of other factors that could take the fun element out of our passion : p



Now, we are ready to take your orders so you too, can enjoy fresh baked goods.



All our products are 100% homemade in our well equipped kitchen using quality ingredients. We pride on quality and high standards in our products and only sell products that we ourselves love and approve.


We hope that you will enjoy our blog which will not only feature our menu but also related culinary adventures/misadventures and we would love to hear from like-minded people as well as happy customers.




























No comments:

Post a Comment